DreamGrow Social Media published some interesting statistics on marketing in social media before the Labor Day weekend. For instance, did you know that “Failure to respond via social channels can lead to up to a 15% increase in churn rate for existing customers?” That is truly incredible.
The information they provided was so eye opening I don’t think I want to insert my opinion into it. Instead I will share my favorite points and you can read the full article on their website.
1. Online adults aged 25-54 are 23% more likely than the average U.S. Internet user to follow a brand via social networking.
2. Social technologies could potentially contribute $900B to $1.3T in annual value across four industry sectors.
3. People are most likely to engage with branded content on social media that contains pictures (44%), status updates (40%) and videos (37%) sidenote: Lujure, a company whose founder is VA native Nathan Latka, has great tips on how to increase engagement on your fan page. I interviewed Latka two years ago — a really dynamic guy.
4. Facebook-connected shoppers are 9 times more likely to share content with friends — this is huge for increase brand awareness.
5. Facebook links posted from 1pm to 4pm EST result in the highest average click throughs. (See my post on when to send a press release.)