HANNAH REBEKAH HAGER
I write, edit and curate content for dozens of websites across multiple industries. My team and I produce podcasts, whitepapers, articles, interviews and infographs, tweets — you name it — to increase brand awareness, build leads and drive sales.
Digital Content Director (October 2012 to Present)
I develop, write, edit and curate content for dozens of websites across multiple industries. I produce podcasts, whitepapers, articles, interviews and infographs, tweets — you name it — to increase brand awareness, build leads and drive sales.
Founder and President (January 2012 to Present)
▪ hrh media provides social media marketing and digital content and product development services to digital and print media companies, reaching nearly 1 million visitors annually.
▪ Plan, manage and analyze success of current marketing and sales campaigns while also conducting soft launches of new initiatives to increase brand awareness.
Times Community Media (October 2007 to July 2012)
Times Community Media is the premier community news and information provider in Northern Virginia. Its websites and print publications serve more than 1.5 million readers monthly. Times Community Media is the parent company of the following media organizations.
NOVAEXEC Magazine (May 2011 to July 2012)
▪ NOVAEXEC Magazine is a print publication focused exclusively on business in Northern Virginia. The magazine is distributed to more than 22,000 executives, government officials and businessmen and women in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area.
▪ Oversaw daily operations including selecting copy, pictures, graphics and headlines as well as editing stories for content, accuracy, length and AP and Chicago styles.
Loudoun Times-Mirror (September 2008 to May 2011)
▪ The Loudoun Times-Mirror is the number one newspaper in its category in Virginia.
▪ Wrote daily articles on business mergers and acquisitions, commercial and residential real estate market analysis, employment statistics and economic development trends in print and online.
▪ Curated and managed content for LoudounTimes.com, which saw page views increase more than 80 percent and unique visitors increase more than 70 percent, respectively.
▪ Maintained a daily blog, Backstory, which was named the “most social-media connected blog” in the area.
Fairfax County Times/Washington Post Local Living (January 2008 to September 2008)
Real Estate Editor
▪ The Fairfax County Times is the largest non-daily newspaper in Virginia, which is owned by the Washington Post.
▪ Wrote daily articles and features on the real estate markets for the print and online editions.
Scripps Networks, The Travel Channel (April 2011 to December 2011)
Interactive Copy Editor
AOL Communications, Corporation (September 2010 to April 2011)
Virginia Press Association Awards
First place – 2011 Special Section Writing; 2011 Multimedia News Report; 2010 Multimedia News Report; 2010 General News Writing; 2009 Combination Picture and Story; 2009 General News Writing; 2009 Health, Science and Environmental Writing
Second place – 2011 Breaking News Reporting;2011 Government Writing; 2010 Multimedia News Report; 2010 Feature Series or Continuing Story; 2010 Business and Financial Writing; 2010 Health, Science and Environmental Writing; 2009 Feature Story Writing
Third place – 2010 Combination Picture and Story
Best in Show – 2009 Non-daily Writing
National Press Photographers Association
Second place – 2009 Feature Audio Slideshow
Times Community Media
Employee of the Quarter, Above and Beyond Award – Second quarter 2011
The American Press Institute/Columbia University affiliate – The Next Generation of Media Managers
Regular, featured speaker for a Washington, D.C.-area Small Business Development Center on topics including social media marketing, marketing to the media, public relations, writing and marketing.
B.A., English, Non-Fiction Writing/Editing Concentration, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA